Through the CT Digital Library Program
(researchIT CT, formerly iConn), the library has access to many Gale Gengage Learning databases needed for student research. The PowerSearch function searches 18 databases including Academic OneFile, as well the iConn Custom Newspaper databases, within one search field. Many national newspapers from 1985 – present are available.
The Mary and James DiMeo Library also subscribes to the following online databases and electronic resources, which can be accessed by students and faculty from any computer with the school login and password:
- ProQuest / researchIT CT Databases use this link to search all of SHA’s ProQuest databases as well as researchIT CT in one search field. Or, you can search the individual ProQuest databases below.
- ProQuest eLibrary includes 2,500 full-text and multimedia sources and access to many current magazines and newspapers and their archives. The link above includes both the ProQuest Learning: Literature and the History Study Center and will allow you to search all three databases at once.
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers is a database of seven national, and one international, newspapers. The Hartford Courant (1764 – 1922), The New York Times (1851-1993), The Nashville Tennessean (1812 – 2002), The San Francisco Chronicle (1865 – 1922), The Guardian and The Observer (1791 – 2003), St. Louis Post-Dispatch (1874-2003), Washington Post (1877-2001), The Philadelphia Tribune (1912-2001).
- ProQuest STEM is comprised of more than 500 scholarly journals and popular science magazines. These publications support research and instruction in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- JSTOR is a growing digital library of more than 2,000 academic journals, nearly 20,000 books, and two million primary source objects. JSTOR is an online research and teaching platform that helps people discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content in a trusted digital archive.
- Facts-on-File includes Bloom’s Literary Reference, Issues and Controversies and Today’s Science.
- American National Biography
- Grove/Oxford Music Online
- Grove/Oxford Art Online
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- EBSCOhost e-books which includes encyclopedias such as Colonial America, The Gilded Age, The Jazz Age, Postwar America, American Folklore, American Social Movements and Social Issues in America.
- Salem Literature, History, Mythology, Psychology & Behavior includes literary criticism; Literary Themes, Works and Surveys
NOTE: when using databases and electronic resources you must be sure that you are spelling your search term correctly - the search field is not intuitive, you must spell the entire word correctly for the search field to recognize the request