Mary & James DiMeo Library
Prior to the contruction of the Mary & James DiMeo Library wing in 1984, the SHA library was located where the Main Office is today. The library expansion was the first major addition to the original school building that had opened in 1957.
The library serves three different functions: computerized research center, separate periodical room, and general and reference library.
Through the CT Digital Library Program (iConn), the library has access to many databases needed for student research. The Mary and James DiMeo Library also subscribes to a number of online databases that can be accessed by students and faculty from any computer with the school login and password.
The lower level of the library offers reference books, a periodical room, and two computer centers with 12 computers, one printer, and two scanners for student use. A desktop computer with electronic card catalog (OPAC) access is available to locate books and materials. Students also have access to OPAC from their laptops while at school.
The upper level, renovated in 2008, accommodates 24-30 students with their laptops. There are separate outlets for recharging the laptops and one laser printer. On this floor there are also over 200 literary critiques for use in English classes. One librarian is on duty on the second floor at all times.